If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (603) 868-3343

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When an Unattended Candle Causes Your Epping Bedroom to Burst in Flames

12/11/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage When an Unattended Candle Causes Your Epping Bedroom to Burst in Flames Candles are beautiful to view, but left unattended, can cause a fire. SERVPRO is ready to restore your home to its preloss condition.

Leaving an Unattended Candle Lit Can Leave Your Epping Home in Need of Fire Damage Removal Services

Even something as small as a candle has the power to cause a fire in your home and leave you in need of professional fire damage removal services. Leaving a candle unattended in any part of your home is never a wise idea. It may have seemed like the candle was far enough away from a curtain, or other flammable materials. However, fire can jump further than you'd expect from one surface to another. It is always better to be vigilant when it comes to fire hazards.  

Unfortunately, an unattended candle inside of your bedroom has left your Epping home in need of fire damage removal services. The candle caught nearby cosmetic materials on fire, leaving a bubbling mess of plastics and makeup as it spread along the surface of your dresser. From there, the fire jumped to the curtain next to the dresser and then began to burn it up as well. By the time you put out the flames with your home fire extinguisher, soot and ash had already spread throughout your bedroom. In these events, it is fortunate that professional help is close by to call upon for help.  

When you contact SERVPRO, we always make it a top priority to arrive at your home as quickly as we possibly can. When it comes to fire damage, our employees understand how time-sensitive the situation can be — the longer that soot can sit on the walls, your dresser, and bed-covers, the more of a chance it has to cause discoloration to those materials. Not to mention, it is easier to remove the melted plastics while they're still pliable rather than when they are completely cooled.  

Our IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians can remove the smoke-damaged bedspread to be washed thoroughly in a solution that can help remove the stains and smell. From there, SERVPRO can throw away the remains of the burnt up curtains and then focus on removing the soot stains from your wooden dresser and bed frame using either a chemical or lubricative cleaning solution. Both solutions are designed to remove the grime, but chemical solutions try to break it down on a structural level while lubricative ones try to lift the grime from the surface to which it has adhered. Once the area is clean, SERVPRO can finish off the job by using a hydroxyl generator to help combat the foul smell.  

Should an accidental fire break out in your home, never hesitate to get help as soon as you can. Speak with a representative of SERVPRO of Durham by phoning (603) 868-3343. No matter the time, we're always available to assist you. Want to know what is happening in Epping? 

Click here to read more.

Other News

View Recent Posts